Mission Statement & Core Values
Our Mission Statement: to promote economic development through the restoration and conservation of Iowa’s cultural and natural resources.
Core Value Statement: We respect and elevate the integrity of the natural, historical and cultural resources in Iowa and advocate sustainability for present and future generations.
- Advocate: We support ecological and natural resource integrity by advancing sustainable stewardship practices.
- Partner: We engage and empower people and organizations with a diversity of skills and expertise to accomplish together more than we can do separately.
- Educate: We foster the environment by learning, and educating Iowans to activate and engage in cultivating an environment of conservation.
- Assessment: We support a consistency of actions and methods through ongoing assessment of our programs.
- Transparency: approaching opportunities and challenges with unbiased, candid and open communication.
As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, Prairie Rivers of Iowa is a unique nonprofit focused on conserving natural and cultural resources to create a healthier environment and build thriving communities. We bring expertise to address some of Iowa’s most challenging needs like supporting landowners and communities to increase native pollinator habitat, assisting cities, counties and historical assets along a national byway to promote and preserve our history, and by developing tools and connections to improve Iowa’s water quality. Prairie Rivers of Iowa helps the state be culturally strong in a sustainable and robust environment.