Mission Statement & Core Values
Our Mission Statement: to promote economic development through the restoration and conservation of Iowa’s cultural and natural resources.
Core Value Statement: We respect and elevate the integrity of the natural, historical and cultural resources in Iowa and advocate sustainability for present and future generations.
- Advocate: We support ecological and natural resource integrity by advancing sustainable stewardship practices.
- Partner: We engage and empower people and organizations with a diversity of skills and expertise to accomplish together more than we can do separately.
- Educate: We foster the environment by learning, and educating Iowans to activate and engage in cultivating an environment of conservation.
- Assessment: We support a consistency of actions and methods through ongoing assessment of our programs.
- Transparency: approaching opportunities and challenges with unbiased, candid and open communication.
As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, Prairie Rivers of Iowa plays a unique role in Iowa. As one of the only nonprofit organizations focusing on both conserving our natural and cultural resources and building stronger businesses and communities, we bring unique expertise to creatively address some of Iowa’s most challenging needs. From assisting small communities in marketing themselves to travelers, to supporting students in becoming environmentally-literate citizens, to training the next generation of responsible farmers and producers, Prairie Rivers of Iowa helps Iowans create a stronger and healthier state.