South Skunk River Watershed
Prairie Rivers of Iowa, in collaboration with the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, Story County Soil and Water Conservation District, and Story County Conservation is currently working on a project for landowners in three Iowa counties (Story, Boone, and Hamilton) within the northern area of the South Skunk River Watershed.
- Through outreach, we will create a lasting impact on the publics’ awareness of water quality, wildlife, conservation practices, and efforts in the South Skunk River Watershed.
- Increase 350 landowners’ understanding of water quality and wildlife habitat needs.
- Increase available quality wildlife habitat by 6000 acres.
- Expand the habitat corridor area within Story County.
- Increase momentum for future implementation of conservation practices in Central Iowa.
Learn More About: