Our program is sustainable minded, relative to all three pillars – economic, social, and environmental.
- Cheaper than purchasing a cabin kit
- Buying logs from a local source
- Opportunity to source your construction from a local source
- The logs themselves are renewable, reusable and recyclable.
- Brings more visitors to your parks and attractions.
Using native Iowa white oak creates log cabin logs that have the inherent strength and beauty of fine oak furniture with a natural decay resistance that has allowed cabins constructed of white oak to endure for over 150 years with no chemical or preservative treatments.
“Building oak log cabins in our park provide a great place for Iowans to come together, experience the past, appreciate our natural resources, and think about the future.”
– Jim Richardson, Hamilton County Conservation Board Member