Land Visits and Conservation Assistance
Prairie Rivers of Iowa and its partners provide a direct one-on-one service, in the outlined watersheds below, to landowners and farmers interested in conservation and natural resources management on their land. This project is made possible by a grant from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.
Our Service Provides
• Free-of-charge consulting
• Assessment of current land management (crops, pasture, etc.)
• One-on-one assistance with Prairie Rivers of Iowa Field Specialists
• Discussion of your short and long-term goals/objectives for your land
• Identify opportunities for conservation aligning with your goals/objectives
• Packet of information tailored to your land, including:
• Aerial photos
• Historic aerial photos
• Soil maps
• Conservation practice eligibility
• Technical information and available resources related to your goals/objectives for
• Financial assistance identification
• Statewide cost-share through Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship
• Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) federal cost-share programs
• Other cost-share programs to be identified
Natural resource assistance projects like pollinator plantings, erosion control, windbreaks, streambank buffers,
tree and forest management projects and more are examples of natural resource protection measures that we can assist you with through this service.
The views and conclusions contained in this document are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing the opinions or policies of the U.S. Government or the National Fish and Wildlife Foundations and its funding sources. Mention of trade names or commercial products does not constitute their
endorsement by the U.S. Government, or the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation or its funding sources.