Current Job Opening
Prairie Rivers of Iowa Graphic Design Internship
The Graphic Design Intern is a part-time position at Prairie Rivers of Iowa and will create marketing and communication print, digital and video materials for various conservation and tourism topics and other duties as assigned. This position will serve on the Marketing and Public Relations team.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in print layout and digital design
- Experience in social media and web platforms, WordPress experience a plus
- Experience in photo and video editing
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attitude, able to work with a wide group of persons and show great flexibility
Desired Education & Experience:
- Prefer a sophomore or journal who is majoring in graphic design or related field
- Other related course work required
- Job experience preferred
Time Commitment and Compensation:
This part-time position will work up to 12 hours per week. Work schedule and responsibilities will be flexible with school responsibilities. Compensation will be $11.00-$13.00/hour. You must have your own car for transportation. Position will stay open until filled.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Prairie Rivers of Iowa does not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or political beliefs in carrying out duties associated with the position
About Prairie Rivers of Iowa
Prairie Rivers of Iowa is a unique nonprofit focused on conserving natural and cultural resources to create a healthier environment and build thriving communities. We bring expertise to address some of Iowa’s most challenging needs like supporting landowners and communities to increase native pollinator habitat, assisting cities, counties and historical assets along a national byway to promote and preserve our history, and by developing tools and connections to improve Iowa’s water quality. Prairie Rivers of Iowa helps the state be culturally strong in a sustainable and robust environment. Learning more at www.prrcd.org.