EVENT PLANNING AND FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
Current Job Opening
The Event Planning and Fundraising Coordinator will assist the Executive Director in planning and promoting natural resource-based events and support Prairie Rivers of Iowa fundraising software. This position is key to expanding Prairie Rivers of Iowa’s reach across Iowa.
This position is part-time and will work 16/hours/week; hours are flexible and located in our office in Ames.
- Planning and coordinating program and event activities with the Director and Staff
- Manage event calendar listings
- Manage Mailchimp and marketing lists
- Work with partners and sponsors to promote our programs and events
- Support a development software platform for managing donor information
- Create systems to help plan all activities such as excel spreadsheets, google sheets, etc.
- Maintain marketing teams marketing project tracker (ClickUp)
- Assist in writing and overseeing grant applications under $5,000
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in learning about and working with a nonprofit natural resource-based organization
- Event planning experience
- Development/fundraising experience a plus
- Ability to work in teams or groups
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to attend evenings and weekend meetings on occasion
- Competent at word processing and excel
SUPERVISION: The position will report to the Executive Director.
WAGE: $13-$15 per hour, mileage will be compensated at the Federal rate.
APPLICATIONS: E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications accepted until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Prairie Rivers of Iowa does not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or political beliefs in carrying out duties associated with the position
About Prairie Rivers of Iowa
Prairie Rivers of Iowa is a unique nonprofit focused on conserving natural and cultural resources to create a healthier environment and build thriving communities. We bring expertise to address some of Iowa’s most challenging needs like supporting landowners and communities to increase native pollinator habitat, assisting cities, counties, and historical assets along a national byway to promote and preserve our history, and developing tools and connections to improve Iowa’s water quality. Prairie Rivers of Iowa helps the state be culturally strong in a sustainable and robust environment.