It’s all about love this month. Here’s the Top 10 Things to love about Prairie Rivers:
10. As a non-profit, donations are 100% tax-deductible.
9. The Staff and Board of Directors are 100% committed to moving the mission forward.
8. Kids programming is some of the best around bringing experts from the community to educate the young about conservation.
7. The only Iowa grown and manufactured white oak log cabins in the state committed to helping people build the highest-quality log products, while enduring environmentally-responsible building practices.
6. Bringing history to life through the Kids on the Byway program with the Lincoln Highway Heritage Byway.
5. Keep Calm & Hug a Tree – our Urban Forester helps three growing communities with the supplies and tools to best manage their forest resources.
4. Eat your fruits and veggies! It’s all about healthy foods – working with numerous local farmers and community partners to develop school and community gardens and community education about eating healthy.
3. The Lincoln Highway Heritage Byway is Iowa’s longest and most historic byway. Stretching across the state, the byway travels over 460 miles and welcomes Iowa communities. Prairie Rivers is committed to the responsible use and conservation of the byway.
2. The best Executive Director any non-profit could ask for…Penny Brown Huber
1. All these programs come together to make a unique non-profit serving communities all across Iowa.