Thank you for your interest in the job opportunities at Prairie Rivers of Iowa. Please see below for our latest employment opportunities.
If you are interested in volunteering with a specific program please contact the Coordinator in charge. You can find their information on our Staff Page.
Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator
Join a unique environmentally focused not-for-profit in Iowa, that is making a difference. If you wish to have a position with a lot of a variety, this may be for you.
The Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator will drive the development and implement integrated marketing communication programs to promote the company’s brand image to help drive results. Collaborate with cross-functional teams on strategic planning and results accountabilities. Lead project management activities for marketing communication projects with high degrees of complexity and visibility. Contribute to an environment that encourages teamwork, knowledge sharing, best practice adherence, and strategic thinking that results in consistently high-quality and innovative communication outcomes that deliver on-time, on-strategy, and on budget.
These efforts include promoting the organization and its’ programs including: Lincoln Highway Heritage Byway (LHHB), Watersheds and Waterways Program (WWP), and Natural Resources Program (NRP).
The following duties shall be performed by the Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator:
- Develop and manage a four-year strategic marketing plan for Prairie Rivers of Iowa.
- Collaborate with staff to design information and sale materials for all programs.
- Work with all Program Coordinators to design and develop program marketing materials.
- Coordinate with all staff to coordinate and maintain an effective website including items for sale, information and promotional program materials and all social media outlets.
- Maintain photo files for the organization and be prepared to take photos.
- Manage up to three interns.
- Secure and work with external clients on their marketing and public relations needs.
- Some limited grant writing
- Be available to attend meetings outside of the office.
- Maintain project files with complete documentation.
- Perform duties as determined by the Director as necessary.
This position reports to the Executive Director and is headquartered in the Prairie Rivers of Iowa office in Ames, Iowa.
- Requires at least a four year degree from an accredited university or college in public relations, marketing, sales, marketing, communications or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years work experience
- Experience working with websites, WordPress, Mail Chimp, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work in teams or groups
- Self-motivated, well organized and good with details
- Grant writing a plus
- Able to manage interns
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, social media and other related technologies
- Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to attend evening and weekend meetings
Time Commitment and Compensation:
This full-time position is available immediately and will be opened until filled. Salary range is $32,000-$35,000 a year. This position includes two weeks of paid vacation/sick time. Use of your own car for travel purposes is required but mileage is reimbursed at current federal rate of $.545/mile.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Prairie Rivers of Iowa does not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or political beliefs in carrying out duties associate with the position.