Thank you for your interest in the job opportunities at Prairie Rivers of Iowa. Please see below for our latest employment opportunities.
If you are interested in volunteering with a specific program please contact the Coordinator in charge. You can find their information on our Staff Page.
Prairie Rivers of Iowa Technology Assistant
The Technology Assistant will work with the Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator by maintaining and troubleshooting hardware and software throughout the office. This position will help meet all office technological needs and assist with different departments to help develop and the Prairie Rivers of Iowa website. This position needs to be self-motivated, well organized, and able to create tasks while staying productive with little delegation from supervisor.
The following duties shall be performed by the Technology Assistant:
- Management and oversight of the Prairie Rivers of Iowa website (WordPress):
- Assist in uploading materials and content to website.
- Assist in implementing website future projects for different departments.
- Maintain backups for data and updates for the plugins.
- Management and oversight of data backups throughout the office.
- Management and oversight of the small business server (Lenovo ThinkServer).
- Management and oversight of Google Apps for Nonprofits.
- Assist in purchasing, setting up, and troubleshooting of software and hardware.
- Maintain documentation of procedures and accounts information.
- Create and manage tasks as seen fit by the Technology Assistant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Watershed & Waterways Coordinator.
The Technology Assistant may be occasionally asked to attend work-related activities in the evenings or on weekends.
This position will be supervised by the Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator and is located in the Prairie Rivers of Iowa office in Ames, Iowa.
- Making progress towards or completion of a four-year degree from an accredited university or college in management information systems, computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or other related fields.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows Operating Systems.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and related software.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and WordPress.
- Understand concepts of safe backup procedures to ensure data security.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and can work independently to create tasks to stay productive.
- Great interpersonal communications skills and ability to work in teams or groups.
- Creative with strong problem-solving abilities.
Time Commitment and Compensation
Assistantship is for 10-16 hours per week. This position is to extend through the 2018-2019 school year with a summer internship to follow. The schedule and responsibilities will be determined by supervisor.
Compensation will be $10.00/hour. You must have your own car for transportation.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Prairie Rivers of Iowa does not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or political beliefs in carrying out duties associate with the position.